Workshops At Port 1 Cafe
Sunday morning workshops are a joint venture of PORT 1 CAFE and Fraser Jamieson.
Basic Barista Training at Port 1 Cafe is a two hour hands-on workshop open to both espresso loving consumers and food service personnel interested in learning the fundamentals of espresso based drink preparation.
Topics covered include:
- Backflushing, grouphead and portafilter care.
- The purpose of bimodal and trimodal grinding.
- Dosing, grooming, and tamping.
- Alternate and mythological tamping theories.
- Brewing by mass and brewing by volume.
- Adjusting the grinder to meet brew targets.
- Foam vs. Froth: Steaming milk properly.
- Bringing it all together: Making cappuccinos, lattes, and flat whites.
The information presented has no significant connection with the operation of lever-piston espresso machines, super-automatic espresso machines, or pod coffee brewers.
- Two hour Barista Training Workshop: $120.00 + $15.60 HST = $135.60
- To book a workshop and arrange payment please contact Shawn at 647-229-1706.