Workshops At Port 1 Cafe
Customers love to finish their meals with a latte or cappuccino. However, servers are often unsure of their own skills, and tend to shy away from recommending them.
The solution to this can be as simple as a barista training workshop.
Basic Barista Training at Port 1 Cafe is a two hour hands-on workshop, available on Sunday mornings at 08:30, which is open to both espresso loving consumers and food service personnel interested in learning the fundamentals of espresso based drink preparation.
Topics covered include:
- Backflushing, grouphead and portafilter care.
- The purpose of bimodal and trimodal grinding.
- Dosing, grooming, and tamping.
- Alternate and mythological tamping theories.
- Brewing by mass and brewing by volume.
- Adjusting the grinder to meet brew targets.
- Foam vs. Froth: Steaming milk properly.
- Bringing it all together: Making cappuccinos, lattes, and flat whites.
The information presented has no significant connection with the operation of lever-piston espresso machines, super-automatic espresso machines, or pod coffee brewers.
- Two hour Barista Training Workshop: $120.00 + $15.60 HST = $135.60
- Post workshop followup via email is provided to all participants at no additional cost.
- To book a workshop please contact Shawn Pourkhatai of Port 1 Cafe at 647-229-1706.
If you have any questions regarding workshops or other coffee consulting services please feel welcome to contact me directly.