Barista Training Services
Since 1988 I have focused on providing coffee consulting and barista training services to restaurants and cafes in Mississauga, Ontario.
Barista training services are aimed primarily at restaurants and cafes using professional grade espresso grinders and either volumetric or semiautomatic espresso machines. While not uncommon in the workplace, we do not support lever-piston espresso machines, super-automatic espresso machines, or pod coffee brewers.
buy gabapentin powder Topics covered include:
- Backflushing, grouphead cleaning, and portafilter care.
- Dosing, grooming, and tamping, with accuracy.
- Alternate and mythological tamping theories.
- Adjusting the grinder to meet flavour targets.
- The purpose of bimodal and trimodal grinding.
- Brewing by mass and brewing by volume.
- Foam vs. Froth: Steaming milk properly.
- Bringing it all together: Making cappuccinos, lattes, and flat whites.
Restaurateurs are often torn between the demand by patrons for high quality specialty coffees and fear of the unknown. My role as a barista trainer is to deliver the information required, by both management and staff, and to provide it in a manner that is interesting, enjoyable, and motivating.
In many restaurants the barista role is assumed primarily by bartenders or expos while in other shops servers make their own drinks. Even when everyone has received basic training they will not all have equal experience. Having simple instructions available online works to support our barista training program.
And, once again, having properly trained baristas can turn a profitless coffee offering into a profitable coffee program.
- Services are invoiced at $60.00 per billable hour plus HST.
- A retainer is required for new projects.
- Invoices are due upon receipt.
- Payments may be made in cash or by cheque payable to Fraser Jamieson.
If you have any questions regarding barista training please feel welcome to contact me directly at Fraser.Jamieson@Gmail.Com
Please note: we do not offer barista training to individuals outside of a restaurant or cafe setting.