Barista Training Workshops
Customers love to finish their meals with a latte or cappuccino; however, servers are often unsure of their own skills and tend to shy away from recommending them.
The solution to this can be as simple as a barista training workshop.
Basic Barista Training at Port 1 Cafe is a two hour hands-on workshop available by appointment on Sunday mornings at 08:30. Workshops are open to both espresso loving consumers and food service personnel interested in learning the fundamentals of espresso based drink preparation.
Topics covered include:
- Backflushing, grouphead cleaning, and portafilter care.
- Dosing, grooming, and tamping, with accuracy.
- Alternate and mythological tamping theories.
- Adjusting the grinder to meet flavour targets.
- The purpose of bimodal and trimodal grinding.
- Brewing by mass and brewing by volume.
- Foam vs. Froth: Steaming milk properly.
- Bringing it all together: Making cappuccinos, lattes, and flat whites.
The information presented has no significant connection with the operation of lever-piston espresso machines, super-automatic espresso machines, or pod coffee brewers.
- Two hour workshop: $120.00 + $15.60 HST = $135.60 per person.
- Followup via email is provided to all participants at no additional cost.
- Workshops are limited to a maximum of four participants.
- Port 1 Cafe-Gelateria is located at 1 Hurontario Street Unit #4, Mississauga ON L5G 0A3
To book a workshop please contact Shawn Pourkhatai of Port 1 Cafe at 647-229-1706.
If you have any questions regarding workshops or other services please contact me at the email address below.